This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot use zlib with Mingw
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <fabrizio_ge-wolit at tiscali dot it>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:00:24 -0000
- Subject: Re: Cannot use zlib with Mingw
- References: <3E00A2010000CAD1@mail-8.tiscalinet.it>
> I was trying to compile a program which uses zlib with Mingw (i.e.
> with the flag -mno-cygwin) but the compilation failed because zlib.h
> could not be found. No problems with standard Cygwin compilation.
> Probably, if -mno-cygwin is used, only the directory
> /usr/include/mingw is searched, /usr/include is not. Well, the flag
> -I/usr/include could be added, but I am afraid some header files
> could conflict.
*Don't* do this. To get this to work, you will need to compile a Mingw zlib.
Although Cygwin provides a minimal Mingw environment, *you cannot use
libraries compiled for Cygwin in -mno-cygwin compilation*.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html