This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs and mice, that is linux curses control of ssh and rxvtterminal
- From: Andrew Markebo <andrew dot markebo at telia dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:12:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: emacs and mice, that is linux curses control of ssh and rxvtterminal
- Cancel-lock: sha1:1oKvVehnjpu/tGVzPaPxLQ3gfOo=
- References: <3E0ED36E.email@example.com>
/ Jerry Asher <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
| I have a slow connection to a remote machine.
| I can use X to connect to it, but I would prefer to:
| ssh to the machine
| emacs -nw
| And this works pretty well. But there is no mouse control.
A quick version, you are doing a text-connection to the machine, and
the normal text-terminals doesn't support mouse transfer.
gpm sniffs the local mouse-port, not the remote terminals.
The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html