This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
problem with vi over ssh
- From: Mirza Muharemagic <mirza at php dot co dot ba>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 01:21:42 +0100
- Subject: problem with vi over ssh
- Reply-to: Mirza Muharemagic <mirza at php dot co dot ba>
i noticed a problem with vi when i connect to a linux. i found no
answers about this problem anywhere: i start my cygwin and connect
over ssh to a linux machine. when i want to open a file using vi ->
vi file_name, i get the following:
Terminal entry not found in termcap
'cygwin' not known. Available builtin terminals are:
defaulting to 'ansi
after that, many of vi commands are not available, but it is still
possible to work without problems.
i am having this problem only if i use cygwin.
any ideas? or is this normal?
thanx a lot
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html