This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: su command ?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Oodini <svdbg at free dot fr>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:43:32 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: su command ?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Oodini wrote:
> It seems that the su command doesn't work, although it is in the
> man/info pages.
> Any clue ?
'su' is not implemented in cygwin (yet). The closest you can get now is
setting up sshd and using 'ssh user@localhost'. There was some talk of
one of the new packages having that functionality, but you'd have to read
the mailing list archives to verify that.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html