This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Grep says file exists and then doesn't "grep" it
- From: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:56:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: Grep says file exists and then doesn't "grep" it
- References: <3E023858.email@example.com>
Mark Blackburn wrote:
Data point: doesn't happen with the stock grep 2.5-1 on 1.3.17-1 on
WinXP Pro SP1 (everything's the same except the OS). Works fine here.
If I type:
$ grep -e hello -r .
grep: .: File exists
and grep doesn't search the contents of any files
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html