This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: env cygwin, value=tty
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:18:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: env cygwin, value=tty
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:00:28PM -0800, linda w (cyg) wrote:
>A bit weird, but the CYGWIN env var says that if it doesn't contain
>"TTY", it will default to MS-DOS defaults of control-z for end of file
>yet I don't have CYGWIN set and control-d seems to work as my
>end-of-file while control-z does not.
>Is the documentation correct, or does the "-i" flag to bash do
>something similar -- though CYGWIN still isn't set that way in the
>environment but 'cat' also takes control-d and not control-z as eof.
The documentation was incorrect. Cygwin honors most of the stty
settings, even with CYGWIN=notty.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html