This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Some inquiries about cygwin?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-noreply at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: MJLiu at mxic dot com dot tw
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:31:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: Some inquiries about cygwin?
- References: <OF1D35BE25.FE2DEBE3-ON48256C8E.001DF888@MXIC.COM.TW>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 02:21:49PM +0800, MJLiu@mxic.com.tw wrote:
>1. Can I install and use RedHat's RPM in Cygwin in order to install others
>packages like uClinux?
Not easily. Cygwin doesn't use RPMs. Cygwin is just a UNIX emulation. It
won't run linux software. You build any tools you need for a cross-compilation
>2. Can I install uClinux in Cygwin to cross-compile it?
>3. Can I install cross-compiler like GNU toolchain for ARM7 (like Lineo's
>product) in Cygwin?
You probably would have to build your own cross-compiler.
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html