This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MSVC++ compiling against cygwin headers to link cygwin1.dll
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: Manne Baum <not dot really at gmx dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:38:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: MSVC++ compiling against cygwin headers to link cygwin1.dll
- References: <3DF5AD8F.D95F9E80@gmx.de>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Tuesday 10 December 2002 01:02, Manne Baum wrote:
> Is there a way to use cygwin1.dll by MSVC++ compiler/linker?
> I (read FAQ, searched lists and) tried with defines and includes but
> couldn't make MSVC++ compile against cygwin headers like
> #include <pthread.h>
> and end up with errors like
> ...\cygwin\usr\include\sys\_types.h(13) : error C2632: 'long' followed by
> 'long' not allowed
Lack of support for long long is the least of your problems, but you could
fix that by hitting the include files with the editor of your choice.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html