This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is it possible to use centralized passwords with cygwin inetd ?
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Vince Hoffman" <Vince dot Hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>,"Bruce P. Osler" <brosler at cisco dot com>
- Cc: "'Bruce P. Osler'" <brosler at cisco dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:39:23 -0000
- Subject: Re: Is it possible to use centralized passwords with cygwin inetd ?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bruce P. Osler <email@example.com> wrote:
> I guess I was looking for something a bit more dynamic.
IIRC - If you do what was suggested, you should only need to rerun mkpasswd
when users are added or removed, not when they change their password.
Not wonderful, but distinctly better that what you imagine.
If you look inside a mkpasswd-generated passwd file, you will see that there
is no password info stored there.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html