This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Named Sockets
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:12:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: Named Sockets
- References: <3DEE1D51.13221.6603430@localhost>
Julian W H Osborne wrote:
It might be simpler to port it to regular sockets, as there is a usable
subset that works more or less the same on Windows and on POSIX-type
systems (Cygwin, Linux, Unix....) You can still make the socket
available to programs running on the local machine only, by bind()ing it
to IP address 127.0.0.1.
I've just ported a server app which uses named sockets to cygwin.
See the link below for more info on this. All of the FAQ's examples can
be compiled with Cygwin, except for the MFC-based ones.
= Winsock Programmer's FAQ: http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html