This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin setup freezes
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Ed Bachmann" <ed_bachmann at unc dot edu>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:10:20 -0000
- Subject: Re: cygwin setup freezes
- References: <200212041952.gB4Jqrc03534@vance.irss.unc.edu>
Ed Bachmann <email@example.com> wrote:
> I just uninstalled cygwin 1.3.16-1 from my Windows 2000 system after
> being advised that I should be using 1.3.17-1. Now when I try the
> automated setup routine at http://cygwin.com/ ("install now"), it
> runs as far as the "select packages" window and freezes. The process
> is still running, but is unresponsive. I've tried several times with
> different mirror sites. Could this be related to an incomplete
> uninstall? I followed the instructions in the FAQ for uninstalling
> all of Cygwin. Any ideas?
First: No need to be so drastic. If you just run setup, it will allow you to
upgrade cygwin on a component-by-component basis.
Second: This is puzzling. I suggest trying the setup beta release at
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html