Re: cygwin - novell interaction

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 ljubomir.milanovic@philips.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can not reproduce the problem using the DOS batch script.

Does this only happen with Novell mounted shares, or with other network
mounts?  As an experiment, have another Windows machine share some
directory (with some file in it), mount it locally and run your the shell
script against it (Trying to isolate the symptoms).

You might check the Novell console log for error messages.  For that
matter, check the Windows Event Log on your machine for messages.  As a
last resort, running strace on grep might yield some information.
Something like this:

#!/bin/sh
cnt=0
while [ $cnt != 50 ]
do
 echo $cnt
 t=`strace -o c:/temp/grep.trc.$cnt grep someString /n/path/to/file`
 cnt=`expr $cnt + 1`
done

Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>