Re: snapshots R us

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:52:50PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>Just installed it (WinXP), getting this:
>
>c:\WINDOWS>uname
>c:\unix\bin\uname.exe: *** shared version mismatch detected - 0xBC3E/0x3E.
>You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your system.
>Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
>and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version *should*
>reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
>installed the cygwin distribution.
>
>No multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on my system.

But there is a cygwin process running somewhere.  Otherwise you wouldn't be
getting this error.  This indicates that cygwin's shared memory is
already initialized, which wouldn't be the case if you run 'uname' from
the command prompt as the only cygwin process on the system.

The last resort is rebooting if nothing else works.

cgf