This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Maintaining Non-Cygwin Packages???
- From: David Ryan <Oobles at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 12:31:43 +1000
- Subject: Maintaining Non-Cygwin Packages???
I have a number of packages I would like to create and provide to my
users that I don't feel would be that useful to the whole cygwin
community. The users of my web site however would find the convenience
of an installable package much easier than instructions on how to build
the sources. Two questions..
1. Is it possible to have setup.exe install packages outside of the
list of official packages?
2. If the above is not possible.. what would people suggest as an
The packages are cross compilers and environment for developing on the
Playstation2. I currently have long tutorials about how to patch and
build the compilers, but would like to provide an easier solution. I
have found some instructions on creating patch files and building source
and binary releases for cygwin through the FAQ.. and it looks like
something I could do. :)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html