RE: sshd problems

#!/bin/sh

cygrunsrv --install sshd -e "CYGWIN=glob ntsec binmode" \
   -d "Cygwin SSHD" \
   -p /usr/sbin/sshd.exe \
   -1 /var/log/sshd.log \
   -2 /var/log/sshd.log \
   -a "-e -D -ddd" \
&& \
cygrunsrv --start sshd

The '-1' specifies where standard output is to be redirected, the '-2'
specifies where standard error is to be redirected.  My guess is that
this will fix your problem with c:\var\log, but I don't know what is
causing that to happen so it is only a guess.