Re: Gnat for win32 does not search include and library paths

Christopher Faylor writes:

 > Could I have some clarification on this?  Why would the GPL make it
 > impossible to build a cygwin-based release?  It seems like gcc is
 > licensed under the GPL and cygwin is licensed under the GPL, so...

No doubt someone will at some point port GNAT to cygwin. Two years ago I
could not, since it required the payment of a license fee for every user.
That may or may not have changed, but it was the situation at the time the
decision had to be made.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk   | email: jvandyk@attglobal.net
--  Leiden, Holland  | web:   users.ncrvnet.nl/gmvdijk