This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Christoffer Walther <cw at cvt dot dk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:47:32 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: syslog
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Christoffer Walther wrote:
> Where is the syslog daemon?
There is no syslog daemon in Cygwin. The Cygwin POSIX emulation layer
takes care about syslog requests. On NT like systems it logs to the event
manager, on Win9x and ME a file is created in the root of drive C:.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
- From: Christoffer Walther