This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: enscript broken pipe:
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Aldi Kraja <aldi at wubios dot wustl dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 07:30:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: enscript broken pipe:
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3D98B3AE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Montag, 30. September 2002 um 22:27 schriebst du:
> I am trying to use enscript:
> Here is what I get when using it:
> $ enscript -dlj2 -G enscript.cfg
> lpr: can't open 'lj2' for writing
> lpr: The printer name is invalid.
> Broken pipe
> The printer "lj2" is a network printer.
> Thanks for any suggestions,
Have you configured the printer as advised in the README
(included since version enscript-1.6.3-3, share in the example
is the name of the printershare):
- Charles Wilson explained the usage of lpr.exe:
Currently, lpr.exe from the cygutils package is not
documented (at all), and it expects printer shares
to be specified using backslash notation:
of course, since those are backslashes, they have to
and what's odd, is that sometimes they must be escaped
because two shells parse it.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html