This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ncftp's lls requiring /bin/more
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Greg Matheson <lang at ms dot chinmin dot edu dot tw>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 05:31:33 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: ncftp's lls requiring /bin/more
- References: <20020929112901.A1895@ms>
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:29:01 +0800 Greg Matheson <email@example.com> wrote:
> Another ncftp peculiarity is lls, which won't work because it
> requires /usr/bin/more.
> The manual says you can set the environmental variable, $PAGER,
> but that didn't work for me.
> I forced lls to work by linking /bin/less to /bin/more.
Perhaps the pager variable in ncftp is overriding $PAGER and it is set to
'/bin/more' in your system. Use the ncftp 'set' command to change it:
set pager less
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html