This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash window title - can I add hostname to it?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Gord Wait <Gord_Wait at spectrumsignal dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:07:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: bash window title - can I add hostname to it?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Gord Wait wrote:
> I've been starting to use the telnet feature in cygwin's inetutils a lot
> lately, and it would be great if I could learn how to set the label of
> the bash window to include hostname as well as the current directory it
> displays now. I can't tell which of the two bash windows is which since
> both are running a 24 hour long FPGA compile..
> Is there a way to do this?
> I'd be happy if it was a copy of the "PS1" value..
> Gord Wait
Search the archives for "settitle".
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html