This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Shed light on Tetex packages
- From: "Schaible, Jörg" <Joerg dot Schaible at gft dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:50:26 +0200
- Subject: RE: Shed light on Tetex packages
first of all: Thank you for clearing things up.
> > - tetex-extra is only optional if tetex-base was chosen - tetex-x11
> > is only optional if tetex-tiny was chosen - tetex-doc and
> > tetex-devel are optional independent of the "basic" choice - whats
> > package "tetex" for? It seems again incompatible with the tetex-base
> > choice.
> I don't understand this.
1) I was not sure about the tetex package itself (cleared now, although it seems now, that is is not different to tetex-tiny at all)
2) the problem is, that some of the optional packages reference tetex-tiny and others reference tetex-base fpr dependency. Therefore you might end with an installation of both alternative packages without *explicitly* selecting them both. I assume now, that the dependency references tetex-tiny unless the optional package needs the full stuff from tetex-base.
> I'll add this note to the announce message, and include it in the
> README for the next release:
> NOTE: The tetex-tiny and tetex-base packages overlap. If you
> choose for a full tetex installation (or just install
> everything), both will be installed, which should be fine.
> Please don't uninstall one of them, there should be no need
> to do so. If you do, you must reinstall the other.
OK. This will help definately tetex dummies as me :)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html