This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can Cygwin CVS change line endings on checkout/update?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "David M. Karr" <dmkarr at earthlink dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 00:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: can Cygwin CVS change line endings on checkout/update?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 21 Sep 2002, David M. Karr wrote:
> I've noticed that WinCVS has a feature where it can change the line
> endings on files on checkout/update, to either use DOS or Unix line
> endings. I don't see anything in the Cygwin CVS interface that can do
> this. Is this feature just not in standard command-line CVS?
I don't believe cvs itself is aware of DOS line endings. However, as
Nicholas suggested, you can set up a filter to do this. If you control
the repository, look at CVSROOT/cvswrappers, especially the "-t/-f"
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html