This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: supplement cygwin_logon_user with CreateProcessWithLogonW?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:06:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: supplement cygwin_logon_user with CreateProcessWithLogonW?
- References: <LPEHIHGCJOAIPFLADJAHOEMBCMAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 10:46:33PM +0100, Chris January wrote:
> On Windows 2000, no extra privileges are needed to run
> CreateProcessWithLogonW (as opposed to the LogonUser / CreateProcessAsUser)
> combination. This is because CreateProcessWithLogonW utilises the RunAs
> (2000)/SecondaryLogon (XP) service. Would it make sense to modify Cygwin so
> this could be used in place of cygwin_logon_user if one so wished? If so,
> I'll go about creating a patch.
Hmm, how are you planning to do that? Which application do you have in
mind to use that functionality, su?
Oh, btw., do you have a pointer to MS documentation which talks about
CreateProcessWithLogonW() utilizing RunAs? I have not found a word of
that in MSDN. Just curious.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html