This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Francois de Campagnolle" <frc at myrealbox dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:11:18 +0200
- Subject: Questions galore
I have a couple of questions concerning cygwin (both 98 and NT), which I
have not been able to find an answer to in the FAQs.
1) What does cygserver do ?
2) Is there a way to run startups (/etc/rc like) scripts at startup or logon
time ? I would like to run inetd this way, among others.
3) Is there an rxvt alternative (besides cmd.exe), which (like cyg rxvt)
does not require an X server ? I currently use IVT telnet client (pretty
good), but it wants inetd running. I find rxvt more or less buggy both on my
win98 and winNT box (got many blue screens recently).
4) Is it possible to get a bash process with a tty, with another process
talking to it through a pipe though ? I know this is a rather often asked
question, but I haven't found a definitive answer on this. My goal in this
case is to run NTemacs terminal-emulator mode, which requires a tty-enabled
shell subprocess. I asked this question on emacs newsgroup, but looks like
it's more a cygwin issue.
Thanks for your answers,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html