This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with setting up Cygwin
- From: abraham at backus dot com
- To: msj at Coloradotech dot edu
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Help with setting up Cygwin
In a local xterm, type the following:
This disables access control and will let you run your
X GUI programs. Of course, this leaves your xfree wide
open, but judging by your ip address, you're probably
just on a LAN anyway so this might not be a concern.
> Xlib: connection to "192.168.101.19:0.0"
> Xlib: No protocol specified
> NEdit: Can't open display
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html