This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bridge between windows and Cygwin to use awk on windows files
- From: Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:50:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bridge between windows and Cygwin to use awk on windows files
- References: <FHEFJLFPBHFBPGNLKNPKAEHDEDAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Thomas Guettler <thomas at thomas-guettler dot de>
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:25:51PM -0700, Bassim Karkachi wrote:
> Hi -
> I'm beginner, I'm trying to set up a directory where I can find windows
> files while using cygwin. I would like to be able to run some awk script on
> windows created files. Any help or suggestion
What do you mean with "windows created files"?
Do you mean MS-Word and Excel files? Sorry, but they use a binary
unkown file format. You might be able to export them to text, csv or
html and then use cygwin tools on those files.
Thomas Guettler <email@example.com>
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html