This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: openssh 3.4p1-4. Error starting sshd service,
- From: Jochen Wiedmann <joe at ispsoft dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: voss at vocalweb dot de
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:10:18 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: openssh 3.4p1-4. Error starting sshd service,
Just a note: The problem was fixed when I changed
the permissions of /var/empty from 700 to 755.
Additionally I had to restart the sshd.
In other words, the correct settings for /var/empty
seem to be:
chmod 755 /var/empty
chown SYSTEM.SYSTEM /var/empty
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html