Let me get this straight.
1) Whoever writes the program files using whatever editor in
2) Now before we can use those program files it must
first be converted using dos2unix?
3) Now what will be the next step??
Before we use windows text files we have to convert them like we did
years ago, when we used awk in a *nix environment?
4) I fail to see this point. Why should the program files be
in *nix format - will this eventually apply to other
source files like "C" as well?
5) Now we have to physically QA each source program file
to make sure its in *nix format on winbloze machines!
6) Why change the concept of using M$ dos terminated files
Please bear with me - I do NOT like M$.
But I do not understand this change in the behaviour of awk.
I missing something?
ps. I think the previous reply went to the wrong place