This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can bash log to a text file?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Vince Mounts <vince at mounts dot cc>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 01:03:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Can bash log to a text file?
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Vince Mounts wrote:
> Is there some way to get bash to log all of its input and output to a file?
> I looked through man and info but if it was there I missed it.
The input to bash is already logged in ~/.bash_history. If you want to
log both the input and the output, consider using screen:
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html