This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem in Porting glib on cygwin
- From: "Pierluigi 'Lanugo' Rolando" <lanugo at ica-net dot it>
- To: "Cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 19:00:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem in Porting glib on cygwin
- References: <014a01c25575$188ca400$46ca09c0@aniraj>
> has some utilities to load .so dynamically using module_open. As cygwin
does not support so library.
> How it can be achieved for the porgrams which uses dynamic module loading.
Are you sure about the lack of support for .so dynamic linking? The dl*()
call family (dlopen, dlclose, dlsym, dlerror) appears to be supported (they
are listed in the API documentation) and working (I've tried to port some
code of mine that makes use of them for a plug-in system and everything is
The only difference is that you don't need to link the dl library (it looks
like it doens't exists at all under cygwin, maybe those calls are
implemented elsewhere) and the -fPIC / -fpic options make cc1 emit a
Lanugo of the Wandering Souls
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html