This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Calling all sed wizards! Need a little help with possible fix:Subtle permissions bug in interaction between Makefiles & libtool(Cygwin-specific)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:11:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Calling all sed wizards! Need a little help with possible fix:Subtle permissions bug in interaction between Makefiles & libtool(Cygwin-specific)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
> > As far as I can see, the fix would be to sed '-m 644' to '-m 755' in
> > Cygwin's postinstall_cmds. The problem is how (whether?) to deal with
> > 600, 640, etc.
> I had an idea:
> sedpat6='s,\(-m [0-7]*\)6,\17,g'
> sedpat4='s,\(-m [0-7]*\)4,\15,g'
> sed -e "$sedpat4" -e "$sedpat4" -e "$sedpat4" -e "$sedpat6" -e "$sedpat6" -e
> but can anyone show me a way without repeating each pattern 3 times?
Hmm, "perl -pe 's/(?<=-m )([0-7]+)/($a=$1)=~tr,046,157,;$a/ge'"? O:)
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html