This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem with ld on cygwin
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: LEE LIK CHUAN <superbshot at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 06:12:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem with ld on cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Thursday 05 September 2002 02:49, LEE LIK CHUAN wrote:
> I have download cgywin and installed on my computer.
> However when i try to build a program by the command:
> ld test.o
> i got the following msg:
> ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _mainCRTStartup;
> defaulting to 00401000
> test.o(.text+0xb):test.cpp: undefined reference to
> test.o(.text+0x13):test.cpp: undefined reference to
> `endl(ostream &)'
> test.o(.text+0x20):test.cpp: undefined reference to
> test.o(.text+0x25):test.cpp: undefined reference to
> `ostream::operator<<(char co
> nst *)'
This is somewhat OT for cygwin, since you appear to be asking ld to guess
which libraries you need. The g++ command would tell ld about the libraries
normally required for a C++ link.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html