This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin GNU App driving Clearcase NT
- From: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:53:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin GNU App driving Clearcase NT
- References: <8489C4C090614142BA72740AFF56EA450A5FA1@UKSLMAIL>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Romaszkiewicz, Tom wrote:
I have just begun to use cygwin on Windows NT4, with the aim of using
GNU Toolchain apps.
I'm having a problem with GNU PATCH (2.5.4) compiled under cygwin,
interacting with Clearcase NT (4.2)
PATCH correctly senses a file to be patched is under Clearcase
control, and generates the correct Cleartool checkout command line
syntax accordingly (cleartool co -unr -nc <filename> ), but this
operation always seems to fail.
Assuming originally PATCH was at fault, I built for Win32, and the
Cleartool checkout command worked successfully.
My current thinking is my problem is about a UNIX app driving the DOS
Command line, and Cygwin needs to be configured somehow? Can someone
suggest anything I can try?
You can start by expanding on "this operation always seems to fail"! :-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html