This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: faq: why doesn't tilde expansion work in shell scripts in cygwin?
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Dan Kegel <dkegel at ixiacom dot com>, "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:49:20 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: faq: why doesn't tilde expansion work in shell scripts in cygwin?
- References: <15FDCE057B48784C80836803AE3598D53B8856@racerx.ixiacom.com>
On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:01:36 -0700 Dan Kegel <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> In all my shell scripts, I'm having to replace ~ with $HOME to
> get them to work under Cygwin. Seems a bit odd. Am I doing
> something wrong? This is with a fairly fresh installation
> of Cygwin on Win2K.
Which shell is being invoked for the scripts? If it is /bin/sh, ash
doesn't do tilde expansion.
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html