This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GNU emacs 21.2-4 messes up the terminal
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:08:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNU emacs 21.2-4 messes up the terminal
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
- References: <PM.email@example.com>
claudia yastremiz wrote:
I installed the new announced package GNU emacs 21.2-4 after GNU emacs 21.2-3 refused to install.
I am only using the non-X11 version.
It works after a fashion, although some key bindings seem wrong (for example, could not exit using C-x C-c). After I exit, though, the terminal does not echo any typed characters, and the prompts appear one after the other in the same line.
I have not changed anything from the default setup except the prompt and the path.
Do you have "tty" included in your CYGWIN system environment variable?
What OS are you running?
The installation also messed up my native XEmacs.
It sounds like you installed xemacs in Cygwin directories.
Move xemacs elsewhere.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html