This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
emacs-21.2-3 known problems, some solutions
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:06:28 -0400
- Subject: emacs-21.2-3 known problems, some solutions
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
There appear to be several problems with emacs-21.2-3. To wit:
- Colors are not correct when running in a cygwin console window.
This is because the "cygwin" TERM type supports color, and emacs
is using black on black for colors, which may be a bona-fide emacs
An easy fix is to invoke emacs like this:
emacs -bg COLOR -fg COLOR
Looking at the emacs source, it appears that the legal values for COLOR are:
white, cyan, magenta, blue, yellow, green, red, black
- The win9x binaries are missing .exe suffixes. This will be fixed in
packages to be released shortly.
- There is some kind of serious install problem. I have repackaged
emacs using GNU tar instead of GNU cpio -- the tar documentation
says that POSIX tar is not supported, and that's what I was generating
with cpio, so maybe therein lies the problem.
- It looks like control-C is not being passed to emacs when running in a
cygwin console window. I'll have to look into this. Probably the windows
control-C handler is not being turned off. This is a major problem
because C-x C-c is the standard way to exit emacs...
- EOF is not handled properly in processes in some cases in X11 emacs. Emacs does
not recognize that the process exited. This probably has something to do with
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html