This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: standalone cygwin programs that use "/tmp" don't work
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "John R. McPherson" <jrm21 at cs dot waikato dot ac dot nz>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:48:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: standalone cygwin programs that use "/tmp" don't work
- References: <3D588AFB.9D17EC0D@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 04:28:43PM +1200, John R. McPherson wrote:
> Our windows distribution includes these binaries as well as cygwin1.dll.
Do you distribute also the source code of the Cygwin version you're
using according to the Cygwin license?
> Other than forcing users to create a "X:\\tmp" directory (or doing this
> during installation) or modifying the source code for these 3rd-party
> packages, is there any way to get the dll to use windows's %TEMP%
> or %TMPDIR% environment variables?
No. These functions are implemented according to POSIX standards.
If you need other paths you'll have to change the sources.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html