This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: UID problem - ssh with a user with a large uid fails
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:47:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: UID problem - ssh with a user with a large uid fails
- References: <3D4FD912.email@example.com>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 03:11:30PM +0100, Artur Pinheiro wrote:
> I notice that in the event viewer I get "Cannot find account for uid
> 2505." But the uid for that user is 133577
> Here are the passwd record for that user
> user2:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:133577:10513:Artur Pinheiro,...
Cygwin uids are currently 16 bit. Just hand edit your passwd entry so
that the uid is modulo 65K.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html