Still running out of process IDs

Hi,

I'm still having the process ID problem. It gets to around 65k when I do any decent-sized build and then I get forking errors etc., making programming very hard. The process numbers seem to go up by 4's (every one is divisible by 4) and the lower ones don't seem to get reused all the time, hence they keep increasing and I run out.

I'm on XP Home with the latest experimental cygwin library (1.13.12.1). ANY suggestions would be helpful because the only way I've found to reset the processes is to reboot. Is there a way to 'reset' cygwin itself without rebooting? I don't have any problems with windows processes and the taskmanager looks normal.

cygcheck output is attached. The original thread is http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg01894.html

Thanks,
Nils.