This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Any gotcha's in moving cygwin?
- From: Don Sharp <dwsharp at iee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:32:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Any gotcha's in moving cygwin?
- References: <20020722235720.GA4728@butch.jgcomp.com>
Jon LaBadie wrote:
> I'm thinking of rearranging my disk space and letting
> cygwin have the entire E drive. Right now it is in
> c:\cygwin but I would use the e:\ root dir as cygwin's root.
> Any gotcha's in such an arrangement?
> Or in moving things around?
Despite the warnings from setup, I have been running a dedicated cygwin
drive with / as its top level for years without problems that weren't
subsequently cleared up. I think that there are two prerequisites
1) / shouldn't be at the top level of your windows drive
2) The drive should be dedicated to the cygwin directory structure
I believe that the problems of / at the root of the drive are seen as
arising when any of the above conditions are ignored.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html