This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Valid file-name characters
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "'egor duda'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "'David A. Cobb'" <superbiskit at cox dot net>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:22:43 +1000
- Subject: RE: Valid file-name characters
> -----Original Message-----
> From: egor duda [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Monday, 22 July 2002 6:07 PM
> To: Robert Collins
> Cc: 'David A. Cobb'; email@example.com
> Subject: Re: Valid file-name characters
> Monday, 22 July, 2002 Robert Collins
> firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> RC> I was just about to suggest that whatever character is
> used is used as
> RC> an escape char rather than a literal replacement.
> RC> i.e.
> RC> WIN32 CYGWIN
> 'aux%c' ->> 'aux:'
> 'aux%%' ->> 'aux%'
> which means that
> touch $s
> notepad $s
> won't work.
Unless cygwin detects that notepad is a non cygwin program, and therefor
needs the on-disk name.
'aux%' -> 'aux:'
won't work either - unless cygwin detects that notepad...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html