This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Maximum # of program arguments
- From: "Mike Kasprzak" <mike at swoo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 01:23:12 -0400
- Subject: Maximum # of program arguments
- Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin
I'm having problems linking with an ARM targeted GCC cross compiler. It
looks like I may have hit some sort of limit for number of character or
arguments to an executable (I keep getting "fork" errors, and child cant
find blah blah blah). I do have quite possibly over 16k characters I'm
passing as arguments to a program. Whats the maximum, and how can I
increase it?? :).
I'm running the latest (downloaded yesterday) CYGWIN, GCC's (3.1.1 and
2.9.x), MAKE, ...
Any help would be appreciated. :)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html