This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
- From: "Gary R Van Sickle" <tiberius at braemarinc dot com>
- To: "Cygwin Mailing List \(E-mail\)" <cygwin at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:48:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: Using the Windows clipboard in rxvt [WAS: cygwin.bat suggestions]
> > I know this is an old thread now, but is there any
> > clipboard functionality in rxvt?
> Yes : (i) select required material from the rxvt terminal with <L-click>
> drag; (ii) press <Alt-C> to copy to the clipboard; (iii) press <Ctrl-V> as
> usual to paste into your Windows application. (At least, this is what
> in W98). Fergus
The second step isn't necessary, at least on my setup. It's just:
To copy from rxvt to another Windows prog:
1. Select the text with the left mouse button. When you release the
button, it automatically gets copied to the clipboard.
2. Go to your other Windows app and paste as you normally would.
To paste into rxvt, simply hit the middle mouse button. If you don't have a
middle mouse button, put this in your .inputrc:
# Make the Insert key actually useful
This makes the insert key into a paste key.
Gary R. Van Sickle
11481 Rupp Dr.
Burnsville, MN 55337
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html