This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TAB-completion and filesystem problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:12:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: TAB-completion and filesystem problem
- References: <F31diixjnzi95HfqR7700000101@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 06:27:29PM -0700, C. J. wrote:
> I think this is a lame 'feature' of tcsh.
> If you start your cmdline with 'cp' or 'mv',
> it refuses to tab-complete the 2nd argument,
> maybe to prevent you from accidently overwriting
> a file by forcing you to type the full name.
> I wish there was a way to disable this.
There is. Reading /etc/cshrc.* and especially 'man tcsh' could help.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html