Xclients not working correctly (was: Re: Fun with symlinks?)

Hi,

Peter's real-life example described at the bottom of his message also
fixes X client problems that I had when upgrading to the latest release.
All credit to him for figuring this out.

One thing that needs clarifying, is that the extra app-defaults symlink
does not show up (for me at least) as a symlink with 'ls -l'. I could only
tell that it was a shortcut from the windows explorer.

Regards,
Peter Keller.

"Peter A. Castro" wrote:

> I've seen a specific "problem" two times now, and I'm pretty sure it's
> a minor flaw in the installer, but I've been bitten by it twice now and
> felt others should be aware of it incase it happens to them.

[snip]