This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: simultaneous windows and cygwin telnet service
- From: "John Vincent" <jpv50 at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: jcyg at jgcomp dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:27:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: simultaneous windows and cygwin telnet service
For what it's worth, I think it will cause confusion
if you modify the telnet entry in the services file.
I suggest you add a new entry, for example:
and leave the telnet entry as it origially was.
Then in the inetd.conf file, you change the first word
on the line from telnet to mytelnet, to tell the inetd
process to use the port you have defined.
This should stop the windows and cygwin servers from
competing for the same port.
I hope this is useful.
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html