This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can I use standard CPAN Perl modules?
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: Garry Heaton <garry at heaton6 dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:56:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: Can I use standard CPAN Perl modules?
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <3D16833B.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
> When running Perl under Cygwin can I use standard CPAN modules or am I
> limited to those compiled specifically for Cygwin? How about mod_perl? Can I
> install a standard UNIX version?
I got mod_perl working some time ago but it was tricky to get it to
compile. Also I wasn't able to build an Apache and mod_perl with dll's
all was just linked static. To run the mod_perl test suite there was a
little tweaking neccessary. However, I don't recommend to use Cygwin
Apache with mod_perl for production. It is very slow compared with
Apache and external Perl. There are native Windows versions of Apache
with mod_perl which should be faster.
Other (most) Perl modules are working as usual. Some will not build
since they are very system specific.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html