This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron, uid, and network drives
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 15:19:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: cron, uid, and network drives
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:57:01AM -0700, Noel Yap wrote:
> The conclusion I drew in my previous post is
> incorrect. It looks like the uid of the script is my
> uid as I would expect. I sincerely and emphatically
> apologize if anyone wasted any time hunting this down.
> I've tracked the problem down to permissions problems
> when trying to write to network drives.
Since cron is running under SYSTEM account and since cron
changes user context w/o password authentication, no child
process has access to network drives.
This has been discussed multiple times in this list.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html