This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: The Korn Shell [was: Re: What's Up With That (KSH)?]
- From: "Karsten Fleischer" <Karsten dot Fleischer at gmx dot de>
- To: "'Nicholas Wourms'" <nwourms at yahoo dot com>,"'Thomas Baker'" <thomas dot baker at bi dot fhg dot de>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 01:40:58 +0200
- Subject: RE: The Korn Shell [was: Re: What's Up With That (KSH)?]
- Organization: Omnium Software Engineering
- Reply-to: <K dot Fleischer at omnium dot de>
> Karsten, do you have a status update for us?
Sorry for being late (as always).
Yes, I've got an update.
I've been to NYC a while and met with David Korn several times.
There's a new version of the whole AST package out now which includes
Some minor bugs have been fixed since ksh93m+.
The first build on Cygwin did not look promising, ksh93 was crashing all
I've changed some things then, e.g. use spawnve() instead of
fork()/exec() in the same way it's done on UWIN, but there's still
something going wrong when I invoke ksh93 with the -c option where the
given command is a script.
I'm not sure if this is a Cygwin or ksh93 bug, yet.
I also changed the builtin commands, so that by default the original GNU
versions are being used and the finetuned for ksh93 AT&T commands are
availabe on demand.
There's yet one command remaining I have to think about: getconf.
getconf is documented as a shell builtin for ksh93, but currently it
resides in the cmd12.dll not in shell11.dll, because on most UNIX
systems getconf is also a separate program. I'd like to get rid of
cmd12.dll completely for the Cygwin version of ksh93. It should be in a
separate package. I hope to hear from David tomorrow regarding this
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html