Re: Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling packages

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:18:34PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

FWIW, I've noticed the same behavior trying to install a custom version
of binutils from disk.  setup spins forever.  Sysinternals filemon says
that it seems to be bumping against EOF on the input tar file.  It almost
looks like it is not recognizing the fact that it has hit EOF and is
continuing to read the file.

I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

cgf